PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero) (“PT SMI”) is the State-Owned Company that engages in Infrastructure Financing which was established in 2009 with a mandate to be a catalyst for the acceleration of infrastructure development in Indonesia, and to support the implementation of Public Private Partnership (PPP) schemes.
Since 2011, the company has received several assignments from the Ministry of Finance Republic of Indonesia to facilitate the PPP Infrastructure Project Preparation and Transaction from the preparation phase to the implementation of the financial close namely PPP Water Supply Project, PPP Airport Railway Project, PPP Solid Waste Management Project and PPP Telecommunication Project.
In carrying out the assignment of the preparation and implementation of the PPP Project Transactions, PT SMI will be accompanied by Transaction Advisors that will assist PT SMI and the Government Contracting Agency (PJPK) to make the bankable project structure to be offered to private parties in accordance with PPP laws and regulations that applicable in Indonesia as well as assisting the implementation of transactions to financial close based on international best practice.
PT SMI invites the best Financial Transaction Advisory and Legal Consultant Advisors who are experienced in the transaction of the PPP Infrastructure Project to be included in the Transaction Advisory Panel of PT SMI which will assist PT SMI in the implementation of the preparation and transactions of the future assigned PPP project.
Potential Projects that will be facilitated in the near future are:
- Transportation Project
- Waste to Energy Project
- Water Supply Project
- National/Regional Hospital Project
- Toll Road and Bridge Project
In general, the scope of Transaction Advisory work is, but is not limited to:
- Preparation of PPP Project Transaction Documents;
- Update of Pre-Feasibility Study of PPP Project;
- Confirmation on the best form/scheme of PPP such as viability gap fund, availability payment, tariff subsidies, tax incentives, transit oriented development, etc.
- Assisting the GCA in the approval process of Viability Gap Fund and Infrastructure Guarantee;
- Assisting the GCA in the approval and administration of the bidding process;
- Assisting the GCA in evaluating the offer based on the value of money;
- Assisting the GCA in the final negotiation with the winning bidder (including preparing the contract negotiation plan and strategy);
- Assisting the GCA in meeting the requirements related to the financial close.
Interested Consultant may submit required documents as follow:
- An expression of interest signed by the President Director or Authorized Officer (attached with the letter of attorney if authorized).
- Company profile and Credential indicating the information of the expertise and experience of the Consultant in the implementation of the PPP infrastructure project transaction that was successful completed within the last 15 years.
A qualified Consultant may download a Selection Document through a link that will be submitted later or will be sent to the Consultant’s official email address.
Transaction Advisory Panel Selection will be done in 2 (two) stages. Phase I (Empanelment): Qualified Transaction Advisors will be included into the Consultant Panel through selection based on the Generic Terms of Reference using the quality method and will get an Indefinite Delivery Contract with a term of 1 (one) year and can be renewed as needed. Phase II (call-down assignment): A member of the Transaction Advisory Panel will be invited to submit a simple proposal based on the Specific Terms of Reference per project. Evaluation will be done using Quality and Cost Based selection.
Expression of interest together with supporting documents may be submitted directly to the correspondence address below or by email: email@example.com with the subject of “Expression of Interest of Transaction Advisory Panel for PT SMI PPP Project” at the latest on Monday, August 14, 2017, 17:30 hours.